For more than 25 years, North Carolina’s electric 鸡笼eratives have helped light up learning in K-12 classrooms statewide through the Bright Ideas education grant program. Tar Heel teachers with innovative ideas for creative learning projects can submit an online application 4月 through 9月 of each year.
Approximately 600 grants are awarded annually by our state’s electric 鸡笼eratives for projects that improve classroom instruction and utilize innovative teaching methods. Applications are accepted from teachers in a variety of disciplines including music, 艺术, 历史, 阅读, 科学, 技术, 数学和工程, 举几个例子, and educators may apply as individuals or as a team.
To be considered for a grant, the proposed project must meet the following criteria:
- Be reviewed and approved by your principal or supervisor
- Directly involve and provide ongoing benefits to students
- Seek to achieve clearly defined goals and learning objectives
- Use innovative and creative teaching methods
- Feature measurable results that can be evaluated upon completion
Funding cannot be used for salaries or professional development.